Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Three Months


My sweet girl you are three months old today! This morning I took you in for your three month pictures and a stroll around the mall. You are such a good baby. You hang out in your stroller and take in all the sights, coo and smile when people stop to talk to you, and rarely make a grump. Sofie, you'd better get a lot less fun to hang out with if you're interested in being an only child for long.

This month has been big for you. It seems like every time I turn around you're trying your hand at something new. You are getting so strong, and your body is no longer a flailing mass. Now it is under your control, an extension of you, and you're delighted to shove your hand in my mouth for some kisses, or pull your toys down from your activity bar. You interact with us beautifully. One of your favorite things to do is to blow raspberries at us and wait for us to blow them back. When you were first learning how you would work so hard to get your tongue to go where you wanted it, then work so hard to get some air to come out (sometimes it would come out your nose!) and then when you finally got it right you'd light up with your accomplishment. You also love it when papa blows raspberries on you. You are closest to laughing when he gets your belly, cheeks, and chubby thighs. You were teasing us weeks ago with your first little chuckle, and we've been anxiously unsuccessful at squeezing more out of you ever since.
This month you've also learned to languish in your stretches, and you arch your little back and throw your little arms straight up over your head gleefully. When we change your diaper your little legs stiffen straight out and you grunt as if you've been waiting all day for a chance to do just that.

I spend a lot of time imagining what you'll look like with hair and teeth, what kinds of questions you'll bowl me over with, and what types of interests you'll develop in your lifetime. I'm so grateful that I get to play a key role in your happy childhood memories. I don't know how much your little three month being can understand, but when you're nursing and you look up at me with your eyes sparkling and we both can't keep from grinning, I believe you can feel just how much I love you. I hope that even when you're making me walk six feet behind you at the mall, you'll know that I'm still grinning and I still love you.


5 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE the face in the top picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gesh, your posts always make me cry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should put a label on each of these, that way we can click the label and just see these posts and compare the pictures. just a thought...
    And also, these pictures are going to look really funnyn when she gets into junior high, laying on that pink blanket

    ReplyDelete
  4. You something occurred to me...Christmas has gone in a bit of a pattern lately.

    2005 ~ I was pregnant with Elliott.
    2006 ~ You were pregnant with Sofia.
    2007 ~ I'm pregnant again.

    I wonder what 2008 will bring? ;)

    Hope you can make it on the 7th. It just won't be the same without you.

    ReplyDelete