Sunday, August 19, 2007

What a Guy


Sofie, I picked one heck of a papa for you! He came home one day with letters to spell out your name on your bedroom wall, complete with Pepto Bismol pink paint. (That's right, your papa set foot into a genuine craft store without me!) Interestingly, he believes that everything you own should be pink and that you should be dressed head to toe in pink at all times because you are a GIRL for goodness sakes. Of course, that doesn't mean he thinks you should be limited to girly things. He's campaigning hard for a pink, glitter-laden, five-year-old sized dirt bike, for instance.

Your papa reads you a book every night. I know he's reading to you, and not just to appease me, because sometimes when I fall asleep halfway through he keeps right on reading. He calls us his "girls" and he'd do anything in his power to keep us safe and out of harm's way. He fights me tooth and nail when I talk about piercing your ears, because how dare I willfully hurt his precious little baby! Oh Sofie, what a lucky little girl you are...

...and what a lucky grown-up girl I am. I love you buddy!

4 comments:

  1. Awww...you two are going to be awesome parent's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pink, and I love that he reads to her. Yay Ben! I also am bummed that I didn't get to come up this weekend-I really wish I could have afforded two trips up north in one month, to hang out with you and to meet Sofie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too precious! There is definitely something about dads and daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben, that is going to be too CUTE!! I LOVE the Pepto Bismol pink paint!! What a keeper Sam!!

    I totally want to get Brynn's ears pierced too. I really don't want to put her through the pain but I would much rather do it when she's a baby and can't tell me exactly how bad it hurts her little ears!!

    Oh and for some reason, we've found that even if you dress your baby in ALL PINK, some people still say "He's so cute". I don't get that. Maybe that lady who said he (BRYNN!)'s so cute" was color blind. Hmph. ;o)

    ReplyDelete