Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Dichotomy

Funny:
  • Ben trying to convince me that the color he painted Sofie's letters is BABY PINK!
  • The guy at the Lube Stop who thinks he's a psychic. He told me that Sofie is a girl and that I shouldn't make any plans this weekend because she's going to be born on Saturday around 2:30 AM after a labor that only lasts 1.5 hours. And by the way, according to him only 1/2 an hour of it is going to be hard labor...don't I wish!
  • The look on the faces of the bank tellers when I told them I was 8 days overdue!

Not Funny:

  • Being 8 days overdue with absolutely no signs of labor.
  • Weighing the pros and cons of castor oil...
  • Ugh!

4 comments:

  1. Just do it. The worst thing that will happen is you have a few cramps and then take a big shit. The best thing is that you have a few cramps, take a big shit, and then have a baby. Actually, option number 1 will be less physically exhausting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost put that on my comment too... ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, Heidi, Heidi...what a brave woman you are! Me, I'll pass on the castor oil path. NO THANK YOU! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was TOO terrified of the castor oil. YUCK. But, I also only made it to 3 days past my due date.

    Remember, you are not technically LATE until 14 days past your date. Plus, how certain are you that that date was right?

    Are you eating pineapple? I credit the 10 pineapples that I ate with L to my extreme and early dilation and fast labor. Also, spicy food. Have you tried a cayenne pepper shot? They do wonderful things for colds... maybe babies, too?

    Hang in there! I'm so pround of you! ;)

    ReplyDelete