Monday, August 27, 2007

Last Ditch Effort

Um, yeah...so the castor oil didn't work!

I called the OB's office and begged them to try stripping my membranes again today. We're going in at 3:45, and then we're going to walk and walk and walk like crazy monkeys and hope that Sofie magically decides that it would be really nice if she'd come out on her own before we drag her out kicking and screaming. I don't think she has realized yet that her mama has had 26 years of practice at being stubborn and fully intends to give her a run for her money.

There's a lunar eclipse early tomorrow morning, beginning at 5:52 AM and lasting for a full hour and a half, the longest lunar eclipse in seven years. Wouldn't that be an amazing way to be welcomed into the world?

If our little plan fails to hatch our Stubborn Sofie, we'll be inducing at 8:00 AM tomorrow morning. So...rain or shine, our next post will be complete with photos of brand-new chubby cheeks!

6 comments:

  1. Ok, well now I'm finally getting excited for you again, I've been stressing for you lately. I can't believe she's so stubborn!! Oh well, maybe she'll come out with a full head of hair like Brynn!! Can't wait to see pictures!!

    Good luck at your dr appt today!! If she still doesn't make her appearance until tomorrow, just make sure that you and Ben get a good night's rest tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see what she looks like! We'll have to have a play-date where the girls can discuss their stubborn ways!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What Amanda wrote...GET SOME SLEEP!!!! I'll be thinking about you guys! This is so exciting! Hey, since Brynn's in AZ, can I come up and play Grammie with Sofie?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you! Good luck! And like Amanda and Sally said, GET SOME SLEEP! *hugs & kisses*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't hate me, but I have to say it: Don't go!

    There, I said it. Now do what you have to do. You seem so close, but I know it feels so far away. I totally sympathise with walking around at 4 cm for weeks...

    And, we can't wait to hear your wonderful birth story and see Sofie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Because I like to be realistic: Stay up all night! Be nervous and excited!! Go to the hospital pumped up on adrenaline! Have your baby tomorrow morning! I'll see you Friday!!

    ReplyDelete