Sunday, May 17, 2009

Score!

It looks like this week in Wormville is going to be some sort of baby product extravaganza since today I decided to set aside my stroller scrutiny and instead finally make a decision about a new diaper bag...

I've been carrying this well worn bag around since it mysteriously showed up on my mother-in-law's doorstep shortly after Sofie was born.


The package was not addressed to me and didn't come with a card or any sort of identifying information, but she assumed it was for me since it has Sofie's initials embroidered on it. I quickly adopted it for full time use since it is the perfect size and is curiously insulated, which is convenient when you carry around sippy cups full of milk! Lately I've been thinking that I should be looking for a new bag since two babies require a mama to carry around twice as much stuff (especially during the newborn phase) and since it just doesn't seem quite right to be carrying around a bag that only has one of my kid's initials on it, not to mention that the bag has seen better days!

So I've been doing some leisurely browsing...

I'm not a huge fan of the "diaper bag" but check out this little number...


...I bet you wouldn't have even known that it is a diaper bag if I hadn't told you. This is the Cake Cosmopolitan Carryall in Midnight Blackberry. Cake is a line of Petunia Picklebottom's bags and I must admit that I'm maybe just a little bit infatuated with this bag. Alas, it was not meant to be. Not only is this bag retired, but even if I could find it somewhere it carried a hefty price tag of (are you sitting down?!) $349. That price doesn't even live in the same galaxy as any that might fall into my budget :)


Anyway, I've been looking at a lot of big purses trying to find something versatile that could be used as a diaper bag. Today, for some reason, I thought maybe I should try browsing the Vera Bradley website. Their bags, though I've never actually owned one, sort of scream diaper bag to me...lots of pockets, easy to wash, etc. etc...but for some reason I hadn't thought to check them out until now.


I was thrilled to find this bag on major clearance...


...originally $90, marked down to $25!!! I ordered it post haste, and threw in one of these...

...originally $38 marked down to $15, for good measure! Having never seen this actual style in person, I'm slightly concerned that it might be a bit larger than I'm expecting, but I'm mostly really excited to have ticked off one more thing from my "to buy" list. I'm also finding myself wishing that Vera Bradley would get with the program and offer a coordinating changing pad and diaper wipe cover! At any rate, I would recommend taking a moment to browse their website, http://www.verabradley.com/, if you are a fan. There are some excellent buys on a couple of styles of bags that appear to be being discontinued as well as many of their popular items in fabrics that are retiring. I had a hard time limiting myself to these two items!




2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe that you still don't know who sent you that bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was me, silly! I had no idea that you didn't know! LOL!!! I even thought it was cute that you were still using it when you were out to visit. Holy cow! Did you know that it is also a cooler bag? Ok, I think I know what happened! It was supposed to be at my house before we came to see you and little Sofie and it didn't get there in time, so I had it sent to GranDebbie's and I don't think it arrived there either until after we left for home... so, I never got to present it to you, but I thought for sure I told her about it and she told you it was from us.... I guess not! :)

    ReplyDelete