Saturday, May 23, 2009

Isms

Tonight Ben and Sofie were watching videos of little kids riding dirt bikes on YouTube together when she pointed to the TV with her stubby index finger and exclaimed, "Das a bebe's bikel!" Translation: That's a baby's motorcycle (cross between bike and motorcycle)! She cracks me up.

A few other notes I'll jot down for posterity's sake: Sofie has become a lovely singer. She spends much of her time humming or singing one of the many songs she knows. She's getting good enough at it that I can often recognize what she's singing and chime in along with her. We are also encouraging her to practice taking her clothes off (for potty training purposes) and, with much grunting and some frustrated squawks, she can remove her pajamas, pants, and diaper without assistance. She can't quite get the hang of taking off her shirt yet but that's not really essential for going potty anyway!

Some favorite phrases:

"I luhfoo!" (I love you!)
"Iss a muss." (It's a mess.")

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing at "we are encouraging her to take off her clothes". I'm glad she's taken after her mama with her sweet singing voice!

    ReplyDelete