Friday, July 31, 2009

Sneaky Sofie and Banged-up Baby Nona

This morning, as I was finishing up my make-up, this little critter snuck quietly out of the bathroom with my concealor in tow...

It cracks me up that she has been observing me carefully enough that she knows just what to do with it...er...sort of :)

In other news, Baby Nona suffered a major injury last night, and after emergency surgery she is resting quietly in good condition. Sofie and Ben were playing, quite vigorously as usual, last night when I heard Ben shout, "Mama! Come quick, something bad happened!" When I arrived on the scene Sofie, somewhat distraught, was holding Baby Nona up in the air and her butt beans were mysteriously bulging out from her pant leg. Apparently, her left leg had ripped halfway off and her butt beans had managed to work themselves out of the gaping hole. I managed to stuff the beans back in and Dr. Daddy fixed up the hole with some super glue. She is mostly unscathed, but I hate to think of what this might mean for Nona's upcoming lifespan. Sofie has six or seven baby dolls but she is without a doubt quite attached to Nona. She carries her everywhere and sleeps with her every night. Nona, in turn, is almost always filthy even though she is laundered regularly. I think it's time for us to start thinking about looking for a good baby doll doctor or even consider replacing Nona with a stunt double. I'd love to hear how the rest of you have handled well loved toys that have seen better days!

Edited to add: As he read this post Daddy disappointedly remarked, "You forgot the part where Sofie sadly said, 'Nona's crying.'" and I have to admit that her unprompted display of empathy for her baby is probably the sweetest part of the whole story. How could I forget?!

No comments:

Post a Comment