Thursday, July 2, 2009

Full Freezer

Putting the 36 weeks post on the back-burner for another day...mostly because I've been feeling a little exhausted the past couple of days and haven't wanted to pose for a picture. Why am I so exhausted? Well...check out my little freezer meal checklist over there on the right. Notice how many of those meals are now DONE!! The shopping and prepping of all that food was all done over the past two days. With much thanks to Nana who stayed overnight, entertained Sofie, and helped out with some chores around the house I was able to virtually knock out my list!

I left the house for an enormous shopping trip (3 different stores) about 2:30 yesterday afternoon. This was the scene here about 6 PM yesterday...$220 later:


I failed to document the hustle and bustle of the meal prep, but this is a picture of all the stuff I loaded up with Nana to take home and store in her freezer. I finished two more meals after she left!

Sofie REALLY missed Nana after she left, but she found a pretty fun way to entertain herself. Who needs toys when you've got a 12 pack of Coca-Cola! (I have no idea why this clip is in fast forward, but I think it looks pretty cool this way...besides this is how life feels much of the time with an almost two-year-old!)




So I am feeling pretty beat, but also very proud of how much we managed to accomplish. I'm really excited to get to taste some of these recipes that were new to me. Everything turned out looking so awesome and yummy! I'll finish up the last of my list during the week and then we will be all set to have a baby. Let's hope I don't end up two weeks overdue like I did last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment