Friday, January 23, 2009

New Table

We were fortunate to recently get rid of our old clunky television and entertainment center and purchase a new flat screen television and TV stand which (with a bit of rearranging) cleared up some space in our home for a full sized table and chairs. The table from my childhood has been waiting patiently in an attic for years and years and years and now FINALLY it has a new, hopefully a little less dusty, home! With the advent of the new (old!) table Sofie has graduated from a high chair into a booster seat as evidenced here...


She's not quite sure about the new seating arrangement, though she does like to climb up on the chair next to hers and look for scraps of leftover snacks. For awhile she was even sneakily climbing up on top of the table and using it as a stage (we've nixed that habit thank goodness!) In this next series of pictures she was having a good old time scavenging and playing, "Boo!"



What a booger!

5 comments:

  1. What a cutie! I can't believe how big she is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I also wanted to tell you to be careful with that booster. Ours wore some of the finish off the chair. I don't really care about our chairs, but thought you might. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea to switch to a booster seat... I think I might be a copy cat and get Brynn one!! I'm tired of having the high chair in the way all the time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. She is SUPER CUTE!! I love those cheeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you got your table. I definitely think that painting it really helped bring out some of the detail in the wood work. When you have a textured wood you lose that detail (as I've been taught by people who know more than I do about this), but the painting really brings it out. Allison gave me some good pointers on mine, I can definitely let you know what she suggested, although you probably don't need much help with it.

    ReplyDelete