Friday, January 30, 2009

Hodge Podge

1. This is what we had for dinner tonight: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Salisbury-Steak/Detail.aspx with cheddar mashed potatoes left over from making these: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pierogi-Polish-Dumplings/Detail.aspx and green beans. It was a tasty dinner. I have come across quite a few tasty recipes lately...I think I'll start posting one or two each week. I'd love to hear some good recipe suggestions from the lot of you as well. We get tired of eating the same old things every week.

2. This is the kid outside on Wednesday. We were doing our best to enjoy this ridiculous snow. Nana told us that if you blow bubbles outside when it's cold enough they will freeze and therefore last extra long before they shatter. Not so much. Maybe it wasn't cold enough?!



The only other thing I have to say about this crazy weather is thank goodness for kind neighbors with shovels and snowplow drivers with exquisite timing for getting our van from the two feet of snow it was firmly planted in. I wasn't getting anywhere fast with my makeshift mop bucket!

3. Here is the kid enjoying her favorite song from The Music Class.



We joined a few weeks back and it is one of the best classes that we have come across and participated in. Sofie really enjoys all the singing, dancing, and instrument playing. She is especially fond of the scarves that we use during our free dance each week. I wrote a memo to the Easter bunny asking if he might fill her Easter basket with scarves instead of Easter grass. We'll see if he comes through! Anyway, Sofie makes this song request about fifty times a day and over and over and over again in the van where we listen to the CD from class. Warning: Don't watch the video too many times or you will find yourself with this tune stuck in your head at the most inopportune times!

4. I swear there's a Sponge post and a belly shot on its way. And I also swear that Sponge's ultrasound pictures are not sitting precariously on top of the refrigerator completely unprotected. Only a terrible mom could have failed to put them in a safe and special place for so long!

5. ...and I just came across the name Evany. What do you all think of Evany Grace?

5 comments:

  1. A music class is an awesome idea! Ah, I wish you guys lived close(r) to us.

    AND Evany Grace is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I agree with Amanda, I wish you lived closer to us, too. We also do music classes (off and on) and they are so much fun. I always seem to have some music class song stuck in my head! That or the dancing duck song from L's dance class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the cutest thing EVER! Miss Tammy should post this on her website as an advertisment. I'm sure the kiddos would come in droves to Music Class after seeing this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete