Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Premature

Today Sofie and I traveled to Toland's Doll Shop where I am proud to announce we purchased Sofie's first baby doll and she is actually at our home and in our hands tonight!! We decided on a Corolle Bebe Do doll and she is beautiful, smells delicious, and resembles Sofie with her chubby cheeks and peanut nose. This was our second choice doll, but it's ok because she was only bumped to second choice because she didn't have any beans in her bottom and remarkably if you take the time to go to an actual real live baby doll store (or baby doll hospital as they like to be called) they will happily put beans in baby doll bottoms for you!

So...Sofie had a chance to try out her new baby doll since she was being removed from her box for her um...procedure (butt implants?!). After a few minutes of bonding (which included batting at her face and carrying her by her foot...) I casually tried to take the baby back to be returned to her box awaiting Sofie's actual birthday. Unfortunately, by this time, she had grown quite attached and I was greeted with hearty shrieking. So because I am a pushover I let Sofie play with her baby all day today and because I am a mean old mommy at heart I snatched the doll up after Sofie fell asleep and packaged her back up nicely in the box to be wrapped!

Anyway, the point is that I caught this adorable and completely unprompted video while Bebe Do was out of her box this evening. Notice that she had already lost her pants!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for finding the perfect doll! (Complete with butt implants - too funny! lol) Can't wait for the Big Party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That whole story and video is just adorable. I can't wait to see the reunion

    ReplyDelete