Friday, October 31, 2008

Greetings on Halloween!

Part 1: Daddy, Sofie and I carved her pumpkin this week. She sat and watched intently as Ben pulled off the lid and told her about the pumpkin goo inside...



(I learned this trick in finishing school!)

Sofie had a great time playing with the pumpkin guts. She's pretty convinced that spoons should be held upside down. She also feels it is best to stab them repeatedly into whatever might be innocently waiting in the bowl for her.


Daddy carved a classic jack o'lantern, "Jack." His teeth were inspired by a certain little girl we know very very well!

Part 2: Have you ever seen anything cuter than this?







Ben and I took "Dorothy" trick or treating along with some friends tonight. I forgot how much fun trick or treating is! Halloween definitely gets my vote for the greatest holiday ever. Sofie and her little boyfriend Nicholas were real troopers during the hour and a half that we went door to door. They were being so good that Sofie even managed to get a sucker unwrapped and popped it into her mouth without anyone noticing what she was up to. What a booger! (But man oh man, what a cute booger she is!)

2 comments:

  1. SAM THAT COSTUME IS ADORABLE!! You made it, didn't you? That is fantastic. I'm actually (mostly) glad that you didn't tell me ahead of time because the effect of just seeing it was adorable!! Definitely the cutest trick or treater this Halloween. And also, I told you those days in finishing school would pay off someday.

    ReplyDelete