Monday, September 14, 2009

First Bath et. al.

So we just gave Evander his first bath...he was sooooo stinky! Ok, not really, I'm just way way way behind on my posting. Since I'm starting to really get behind and since I have several other topics waiting in the wings I'm going to try and combine several posts here that I might've otherwise posted separately if our month had not been such a giant roller coaster. Hang on!!!

We gave Evander his first "real" (i.e. not sponge) bath on August 19th. He loved relaxing in the warm water until I started to wash him up. He wasn't so sure he liked that at all and it all went downhill from there. For the record he now LOVES every minute of his bath time, although he's still not too keen on that whole getting dressed thing that happens afterwards!


As you can tell Sofie was absolutely delighted by the whole bath time event, and she has spent many hours since then playing with Evander's bathtub.

Immediately after Evander's bath we dressed him in this special outfit that you may remember seeing Sofie in way back when (you can revisit here). Recall that this bunting has been worn by Aunt Janna, Ben, Uncle Kyle, cousins Lillian and Clayton, and big sister Sofie and we had a very special reason for choosing the 19th to snap some pictures of Evander in it. About four hours after these photos were taken the newest member of the extended family, cousin William Alexander, was welcomed into the world!


The bunting has been passed down to baby Will, who will surely be one of Evander's best buds! (Incidentally, you'll notice that I've added a new link on my blog list where you can read all about Will's adventures!)

On September 6th we all headed down to Grannie Gracie's house to enjoy the Labor Day holiday and Evander and Will got to meet each other for the very first time.

They weren't especially impressed, but I'm sure that will change with time :)

I just love this picture (stolen from Aunt DeAnna!) What proud grandparents! Will is practicing his dirtbike racing...it's totally in the blood :)

1 comment:

  1. I love that picture of Dan and Marcy holding the boys. They are going to get into so much trouble some day

    ReplyDelete