Monday, September 14, 2009

Bottle

Evander took his first bottle today while I went out ALONE! for the first time since he was born to get myself a haircut. Nana reported that he vehemently denied that weird plastic nipple thing for some time before he figured out that the stuff inside of the bottle tasted very familiar and maybe he was more interested than he gulp gulp gulp thought!

The last ounce was still resting in the bottle when I got home, since expressed breast milk is pretty much liquid gold and we exercise an extreme reluctance to discard it, and after I spent a minute or two checking out my new hairdo in the bathroom I returned to find Sofie, little mama that she is, doing this...


So we took a few minutes and fed him the rest of the milk together :) Evander didn't seem too traumatized by the whole bottle experience, although he has been pretty much attached to me since the moment I walked in the door as if to say, "Mom that whole bottle thing was ok and all, but this...you're not going to take this away from me...right?!!!"

1 comment: