Thursday, June 11, 2009

Quickie

At my prenatal appointment this morning (they think I've only gained 30 pounds...ha...haha...hahaha!) my midwife had to step out for a moment. When she returned she apologized and explained that she had forgotten to write a prescription for her previous patient for a massage. Jokingly I said, "Where's my massage prescription?" and she replied, "I can write one for you if you want..." Without skipping a beat I said, "Oh no, no...that's ok!" Um, what the HECK was I thinking?! Do you think it's too late to call and say, "Now...about that whole prescription for a massage thing you mentioned this morning..." :)

Baby Grey is cooking just fine, working on getting nice and round and juicy over these next few weeks, and it won't be too much more waiting now. Which has got me thinking maybe it's about time for me to start considering planning and prepping some freezer meals for those first few crazy weeks. We don't have a ton of space, just the freezer in our refrigerator, so I won't be making a whole lot, but I'd love it if you'd all share some of your favorite things to freeze. I've also been thinking about mocking up a grocery list with quick prep meals that Ben can take to the store in the weeks that he is off and home to help out, so if you have any easy favorites I'd love it if you'd share those too!

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh.. you know how I feel about freezer meals! Let me know what types of meals and foods you like most or do not like (want to avoid), and I can get you lots of recipes. This past month for my freezer meals I made hamburger goulash, chicken neapolitan, mexican lasanga, baked ham sandwiches (individually wrapped for people to use as they please), and a cool freezer mashed potatoes recipe. Feel free to email or write on facebook if you want more info!

    Congrats on being almost done...you look GREAT too! Totally call back about the massage. Way worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call back!! Definitely. If you want, I can help you with some freezer meals while I'm there. I realize that means they'll be in the freezer a while, but its a freezer, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS- I wanted to let you know that I posted another recipe underneath the one for the mexican lasagna. Do you like fettucine alfredo? I have a killer freezer recipe from a friend.

    ReplyDelete