Saturday, June 28, 2008

Ten Months

Beanie you are ten months old today and your nickname is morphing from Bean to Beansprout to plain old Sprout. This month has been quite a blur for me as I have spent most of it in complete shock that I was indeed quite close to the end of this long road called education. We both haven't been at our best this month...me because I've never done this thing called change too gracefully and you because your mouth finally decided it was about time for some teeth! Your two bottom teeth have both broken through, first the left one about a week and a half ago and then the right one just this week. I guess I'll have to return all that denture cream I've been stocking up on!

You are getting more and more agile on your feet and we are expecting your first steps any day now. You will stand unassisted for quite awhile but when we try to coax you to walk you just dive into our arms. I think you learned that from your walking toys since you get them going by first leaning forward and only after moving your feet. Your feet are so funny. They look far too small to hold up your body but you're proving every single day that looks can be deceiving!

You are delighting in interacting with others and copying behaviors this month. You have mastered the word "hi!" and you grin whenever you hear someone say it. You are terribly proud to carry on this quite complex conversation of "Hi!" "Hi" "Hi!" "Hi" with anyone who is willing to exchange it with you and you usually carry on like this for three or four greetings at a time. Just recently Great Grandma Caporali taught you how to shake your head side to side as if you are saying no and you think that this is also quite a delightful game to play as we shake our head no and then you shake yours.

My grown up Beansprout I have such fun plans for the month to come and I'm very anxious to get to know you better as we begin to spend the time together that a mama and her baby should. I am so very proud of you...and of myself...for making it to this point with only minor bumps along the way. You are my proudest accomplishment of all....

-Dr. Mama

1 comment:

  1. Sam- I can't even articulate how proud I am of you for everything you've accomplished. You and Sofia are going to have so much fun this month and beyond. I love you and I'm so happy that this long journey is finally over for you! And I can't believe that my best buddy is a doctor. =) You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete