Thursday, August 13, 2009

Uncle

Alright alright...I admit I'm having a mad case of writer's block and the labor story is nowhere near ready to post, but truthfully there is just so much I want to express and the words just aren't there to describe it. I'm going to try not to feel too guilty about taking my good ol' time to complete it, and in the meantime there are a million pictures that I want to post. Can you believe that Mr. Evander is already a whole week old?!!

I cropped the clock out of this picture, but it read 10:46 AM. Eleven minutes old and being weighed for the first time. By this time he had already pooped once. The midwife suspected he was actually 10+ pounds at birth. I'm still not quite sure how I carried around, let alone delivered, such a mammoth child!

Here's Daddy checking out his little boy for the first time...

...and Sofie checking out her baby brother for the first time :)

Footprints!

First bath!

This one reminds me an awful lot of the first picture of Sofie that I posted on the blog. You can see it here. You can definitely tell they are siblings!

This was Day 2 at the hospital, August 7th. It was the first time Sofie got to hold her brother.

Me with my snuggle bug. I wish they never grew too big for this!

Here we are on the 8th all ready to go home and waiting for transport. He'll never wear that outfit again :( Sofie never wore her homecoming outfit again either. I guess I make giant children!

Being wheeled out...

...and on our way home. We had to move the carseat straps up already!

Sweet sleepy profile.

Hanging out with Nana awake...

...and asleep.

Sofie's babies are really enjoying all of Evander's stuff. There always seems to be a baby in his carseat, swing, and bouncy seat!

Case in point. She instructed me to lay him down with the rest of her babies, and I coaxed her into laying down too :)

Our little Oompa Loompa. Aunt Barbie gave him these shoes and Sofie insists that he wears them when we leave the house!

A nursing mama's view.

Picture crazy mama took about twenty pictures of one week old Evander hanging out in his swing. This first one looks so much like some of Ben's baby pictures it's almost scary!




I think that'll about do for an update from our new family of four. We are busy working on adjusting to this new normal, trying to get as much rest as possible, and falling in love with this big little guy, but I'll do my best to post another update soon!

4 comments:

  1. Wow Sam, I'm impressed that you had time to put such a big post together!! I was so excited! :)

    A few thoughts...

    OH MY GOODNESS, he looks EXACTLY like Ben. Look at those cheeks!!

    Um, Sofie's wearing socks with sandals. :)

    You look GREAT and so happy!!! Your toes look super cute in the wheelchair picture, I'm impressed if you did them yourself!!

    I have to admit, I'm perfectly content with our little family of three but seeing all of these pictures of your little guy are making me a little jealous!!

    Congratulations again!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's so perfect! That first picture of Sofie holding him is great. It almost made me cry! I wish I could write more but I'm iphoning and it's hard to do :) see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, first of all, that video was adorable. And second, he looks so much like Ben! WOW! What are you planning to call him?

    ReplyDelete
  4. also that picture of sofie on the blanket made me think of all of those you took of her in her first year- wow!

    ReplyDelete